DataDoctor (tm) is the easy way to find
problems with your data. You can select from a range of
standard tests and all errors are neatly listed including a hyperlink to allow easy
switching to the problem data. The checks are as follows:
- The Missing Parent test checks if a Sire or Dam name does not have a matching record
with that name.
- The Born Before Parents test checks if the DOB of both Sire and Dam of an entry
is before the entry's DOB.
- Duplicate Reg # check is fairly obvious.
- Gender check will check every record with a specified Sex (M or F) and check every
where it is used to make
sure its consistent. In other words if a record is a Male the it should only be
used as a Sire.
- Similar Names - checks for names which
seem similar and which other data indicates could be referring to the same entry.The test ignores all punctuation
and is case insensitive. It will detect similarities even if the order of the letters
is different. A good example of two names
which probably refer to the same entry but are very differently spelled would be
"Nell. Cameron" and "Cameron's Nell".
- Extra spaces - checks for names that have extra spaces at the end of beginning of
a name or two or more spaces within the name. Useful for checking imported data.
- Litters born closer than X months.
- Dams mated older than X years.
- Dams mated younger than X months.
- Sires mated older than X years.
- Sires mated younger than X months.
Simply select the tests you want to run, then click on the "Run Check" button. As
you fix errors those messages can be removed by clicking on the
"Remove Message" button. The "Entry Name" field is a hyperlink, just one click will
take you directly to the record with the problem.
To make it easier to see the error messages and the data at the same time,
delete all views except the Grid view and Data Doctor
and use the Window-Tile menu to arrange the views as shown below.