Crossgrade to Pedigree Publisher
This page only covers users moving from Pedigree Explorer to our newest product, Pedigree Publisher.
- You should install Pedigree Publisher first.
- If your database ends in .BMF then you will need to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for conversion. If it ends in .BMX then PedPub will be able to convert it.
- Start PedPub then use "FILE-Open Database" to open the BMX file(s). The BMX file will be converted and saved as a .DB file which is the file format used by PedPub. If you don’t know where your old .BMX files are then you could look in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PedX64" folder or failing that do a search using Windows File Explorer and look for *.BMX.
- If for some reason the .BMX file is damaged, PedPub will not be able to open it, however you may still be able to open it if you use the “TOOLS-Open damaged .BMX file”.
- If you have customized any forms then refer to the user manual section "Upgrading from Pedigree Explorer" for details on how to convert those forms.
- If you have a very old .BMX file it may not have the more recent lookup tables like _Sex, _PreTitle, _Color etc. In this case refer to the user manual as above.