Pedigree Publisher (PedPub) is a Windows application that allows data editing and display of pedigrees in standard Breedmate forms. PedPub as we call it is a complete new development and replaces Pedigree Explorer (PedX).
Here is a quick screen shot of PedPub. To view a pedigree, select a record from the grid view then click the Pedigree drop button and select a form to display it on.
PedPub has the following main features:
- Large number of pedigree certificates, charts, reports, circular pedigrees etc
- Come with templates and forms for dogs, cats, horses, cattle
- Users can fully customise forms or create new forms
- Users can fully customise the database, create, modify or delete tables
- Because PedPub is fully customisable there is no limit to the data you can record and report on
- Fast bulk COI calculation
- Individual report with COI, COR to ancestors, percent of Blood, siblings, ancestors
- Ability to sort on any field
- Ability to mark one or a range of entries
- Report listing Percent of Blood for all "marked" entries and their ancestors. Report format is CSV file with three columns: subject name, sex, DOB, sire, dam, COI, AVK, # of ancestors, siblings, offspring.
- Reads standard Breedmate .BMX files directly. Because PedPub data files are in SQLite format, it will convert any .BMX to a .DB file.
The major functions are described in the following sections.
Fast and stable - PedPub easily handles large databases (opens 400,000 records in less than 2 sec), it is fully 64bit and ultra stable.
Export and import data is easy to other applications like Access, Word and Excel. Users can actually copy and paste data from Access or Excel and paste data directly into Excel.
Fully compatible - PedPub runs on Windows7/Windows8/8.1/10/11 and requires nothing beyond what is required to run Windows. Note that while our products don't run on Macs we have customers that do succesfully run our software on a Mac by using a Windows emulator like Virtual PC.
Well documented - comes with an extensive PDF user manual in two parts.
Customisable forms - its easy to select what fields you want to appear in any generation of a pedigree form and to add watermarks or logos. Also every form is completely editable or you can create your own fully functioning forms from scratch.
Wide choice of attractive pedigrees - in four or five generations - there's even a seven generation family tree. Champions can be shown in red text and you can include pictures (any size or location) on your pedigree.
Pedigree Chart - chart 100+ generations on one screen with ability to zoom in or out and modify every field of every record on that chart.
Text Pedigrees and other reports including reverse pedigrees, offspring, sire line, dam line.
Emailing Pedigrees - its easy to email graphic pedigrees, text pedigrees or HTML pedigrees and various other reports.
Data Doctor (tm) - one button click is all it takes to have your data problems listed and categorised then just click on the hyperlinks to go to the problem records.
Super Grid - the fastest way to look at or enter your data.
Show entries - keep a complete record of all your show entries and results and print show entries for CFA, AKC, Australia and NZ.
Inbreeding Coefficient (COI) - and Relationship Coefficient (COR) are accurately calculated using Wrights method - click here for more details. Also includes a bulk COI calculator.
Navigator - this popup dialog provides fast listing of ancestors, descendants, siblings, matching or similar strings and allows fast entry of sires, dams etc.
Navigator Relations - the popular Navigator now includes a "Relations" mode that shows a grouped listing of all immediate relations.
Directly Edit any Pedigree Form - this fantastic feature allows users to directly enter data on any ancestor in any pedigree form.
Relations View - in just one super view you can see sire, dam, full siblings, sire siblings, dam siblings and offspring grouped into litters according to DOB. This one feature is probably the most popular with our line chasers.
Merge Manager - this feature allows you to compare your database with another database, record by record and field by field it shows all the differences and allows you to selectively merge. This is a great feature for people collaborating or sharing databases.
Advanced data checking features - PedX has commands that help you maintain accurate data.